If you are a film or a TV series lover, then you must have heard of HBO Max. It does support PS4 and other similar platforms and give out the best user experience that you cannot get from anywhere else.
But we see many PS4 users reporting that the HBO Max not working on PS4. Several things cause this problem, and in this article, we will bring some quick and DIY fixes that would definitely help you.
What really is HBO Max?
HBO Max is a subscription-based video-on-demand service in the United States that AT&T’s WarnerMedia owns through its WarnerMedia Direct subsidiary. In 2020, the service will be available in the United States.
HBO Max is primarily a multimedia hub for WarnerMedia’s many film and television properties, despite being developed around material from HBO’s namesake pay television provider. It provides a variety of original programming and library content and content licensed from third-party distributors.
Also, read Why Is Your PS4 Slow?
Why does the HBO Max be better on PS4?
PlayStations have long been a household favorite thanks to their high-quality entertainment, which includes video games and other apps. Due to its extraordinarily high video quality and reduced pricing compared to market competitors, customers have been able to utilize the Play Station as a video player since the PS3.
Along with Netflix and Amazon Prime, HBO MAX is one of the streaming platforms available on PS4. Streaming HBO MAX on PS4 allows you to view your favorite episodes and movies on a big screen without having to use a smart TV. This is because the PS4 is in charge of everything, and your TV is only used to watch the shows.
HBO max not working on PS4 2022; how to fix it?
The following tips are practically tested. So you have no hesitation when applying those. But make sure you do nothing wrong because it will lead to some more problems.
- Try Updating the HBO Max.
HBO Max also needs regular updates in order to function correctly on your Playstation machine. Whether you’re having trouble with HBO Max, see if there are any available updates for the app on your console.
- You may update HBO Max on the PS4 by completing the following.
- To begin, locate the HBO Max app on your home screen.
- Then, on your controller, hit the Options button to view the side menu.
- Finally, select Check for Update and confirm your action by pressing the O or X button.
- Disconnect from your VPN service.
VPNs, or virtual private networks, offer users much-needed internet security. Your IP address is hidden behind a VPN. When you use the internet, your IP address is a number that identifies you. If someone has access to this number, they can quickly ruin your online experience by hacking it.
- On HBO Max, check out some other shows.
Some shows are not available on PlayStations at all times. In this scenario, you can validate the problem by trying any other shows from the media library. If you are unable to view any shows on HBO Max, you may contact the HBO Max staff to report the problem. VPNs mask your IP address to a different IP address in another place to keep you safe. On the internet, you are essentially present in a space where you are not physically present. People use this masking in VPNs to change their nation of origin on the internet.
- Login to your HBO Max account again.
Bugs may appear on your HBO Max in some situations. You are unable to use the app and stream your favorites as a result of this issue. You may encounter issues when attempting to utilize the HBO Max program. Log out of your account and then log back in to resolve all of these issues.
- Try resetting PS4 settings.
Sometimes folks forget to press a button or change an option on their PS4. This is not surprising given the PS4’s numerous options and customization menus. In essence, one such setup modification could be the source of HBO MAX not working on PS4. Resetting your PS4’s settings to default is an easy remedy. Going back from memory to fix your settings adjustments can take longer.
- Change your DNS settings.
Your ISP’s default DNS may be down right now, and your console is having trouble connecting to HBO Max’s servers. To resolve this, try a different DNS server and see if the problem goes away. You can modify your DNS settings by doing the following:
- To begin, navigate to the main screen and click ‘Setup Internet Connection.’
- HBO Max does not work on the PS4 or PS5. Now, select Custom and then Personal WiFi.
- Then, go to the DNS tab and select Manual.
- Finally, change the Primary DNS to 184.108.40.206 and the Secondary DNS to 220.127.116.11. Close your network settings and select Automatic for the other options
- Return to HBO Max and check to see if the app is now operating on your PS4 or PS5.
The above solutions will definitely solve your problem in time. Make sure you try the options one by one if they do not work.
Read to know How to Fix HBO Max Lagging?
How to fix HBO Max subtitles not working on PS4?
There are several restrictions when it comes to streaming HBO Max on your smart TV. First and foremost, the service/app is available for Samsung TVs manufactured after 2016. Aside from these, the service may be installed on most Android TVs, including Sony. The sections that follow go over the possibilities for each of the listed TV brands.
- Pause the video, use your remote to navigate to the CC icon, and turn the subtitles on or off.
- With that out of the way, you should check to see if the TV’s subtitles are enabled. Go to the Samsung settings, select Accessibility, and then Caption Settings.
- A green circle next to the Caption indicates that the subtitles are enabled.
- To turn them off, go to Caption and turn off the subtitles — the green circle will turn grey.
Some related FAQs
Why does my HBO Max randomly stop working?
If you’re still having problems, try emptying your device’s cache. The cache can save previous data that could be conflicting with HBO Max. Log back into the app to check if that resolves the problem. The last option is to uninstall the HBO Max app and reinstall it on your smartphone.
Why does HBO Max keep saying oops, something went wrong, PS4?
If the mistake occurs just with a specific show or movie, please email us and let us know. Check that you have the most recent version of the HBO Max app. To do so, go to your device’s app store, search for HBO Max, and see whether an update is available. If an app update is available, download it and try streaming again.
HBO Max is a great streaming platform so we think you got all information about HBO Max Not Working on PS4. stay with us for more useful things Thank you for reading.
Know about Is It Possible to Watch Sling TV on PS4?