Are you looking for a way how to clean Xbox One? We explain in 11 steps that will help you do that clean your Xbox One console, and here has explained what can use and not be used to clean your Xbox one and more information. So don’t worry about thinking if your Xbox has in the dust. keep reading to know about cleaning your Xbox one…
What can use to clean Xbox one?
If you want to know how to clean Xbox one then you should know before about what you can use or not use to clean your Xbox one. here have some explained…
There are several cleaning products you can use to clean Xbox one. Some companies have specialized cleaners just for these types of electronic items, while others offer a multi-purpose product that is safe for all electronics.
You can find some great deals on Amazon: here you can see a good example of a TV cleaning kit.
You can also try using rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth. However, this might damage plastic surfaces so do not use this method on buttons or any part of the console made from plastic. It should be fine to use on the rest of the Xbox including its controller.
Also, read Xbox Water Damage Repair.
What should not use to clean Xbox One?
Do not attempt any of these common household items as a cleaner for your Xbox One:
Soap and water – Most soap will leave a residue behind, which can build up over time and impact performance. Furthermore, soap scum can easily damage your controller or disc drive if it’s not washed off completely.
Rubbing alcohol – This is also an option if you are looking for something safe to use, however, it might damage plastic parts and may leave a residue behind as well. Also rubbing alcohol can strip the paint or other finishes on your Xbox One.
Saltwater – The salt in the water can easily damage the internal components, so this is never a good idea.
WD-40 – This product was designed for industrial use, so it’s highly unlikely it will be safe for your Xbox One.
Binder paper – If you have ever seen someone attempt to clean their laptop or cell phone with pages from a binder, you will know the results are not good.
Water or other liquids – It is never a good idea to submerge any electronic device in water for any reason. It’s also not recommended to spray liquids directly on your Xbox One. If some liquid were to get on it by accident, turn off the console immediately and let it dry completely before turning it back on.
How to clean Xbox One Console in 11 Safe Steps?
- Before you start cleaning, remove your controller and any discs from the console.
- Unplug any cords that are connected to your Xbox One.
- To clean the outside of your Xbox One, first, wipe it down with a damp cloth.
- For the best results, use a cloth that has been soaked in warm water.
- Be sure to wipe down the controller after each use.
- The best way to clean all the buttons is by using cotton swabs or Q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol. Just be careful not to apply too much pressure when you are cleaning.
- Keep your Xbox One free of dust and dirt by using a compressed air duster.
- If you have any spills, wipe them up with a damp cloth right away.
- To clean the disc drive, take a cotton swab and dip it in alcohol.
- Be sure to let your Xbox One dry completely before turning it back on.
- Keep your games and discs in a case to help them stay dust-free.
Clean Xbox One controllers without damage
- To clean your Xbox One controller, grab a microfiber cloth.
- Cotton swabs are good for cleaning the buttons on your Xbox One controller. Just be careful not to apply too much pressure when you are cleaning them.
- You can use water or rubbing alcohol when you’re cleaning the surface of your Xbox One controller.
- Do not submerge the controller in water.
- Use a cotton swab or Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean your Xbox One controller’s buttons.
- To keep your Xbox One controller free of dust, store it within its original box. This will help protect it from unwanted particles on the surface where you normally use it.
Read more about why does your Xbox One turn on by itself?
Clean Xbox one optical drive (disk drive)
You can clean your Xbox One optical drive by using distilled water. First, take out the disc tray and put in a disc that has scratches on it. Then, put some distilled water in a small dish or bowl and place it right below the tray. Start the console up again and watch the disc spin up and down. When the scratches are gone, take out your disc and use a microfiber cloth to dry it off.
Clean Xbox one hard drive
To clean the inside of your Xbox one, there are two options for how to do it. The first is to use compressed air, the same way you would for cleaning out an Xbox fan. The other option is to open up the Xbox One, but that is usually only recommended for advanced users.
Clean Xbox one external hard drive
- When it comes to cleaning the Xbox One external hard drive just follow these simple steps.
- Turn off your console and unplug its power cord.
- Use a microfiber cloth or cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the exterior of your Xbox one’s hard drive enclosure.
- If you need something that can clean any smudges and fingerprints that will appear on the Xbox One external hard drive, then you can use a little alcohol to do so.
- Do not submerge your hard drive in water.
- If you need something to clean dirt and dust off of it, just use a microfiber cloth or cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol.
- Be sure to follow these steps carefully and your Xbox One external hard drive will always be like new. It’s also best to use the original packaging to store your HDD, so you can keep it dust-free at all times. That way, there won’t be any issues with it powering on or off properly.
Clean Xbox One game discs
- To clean Xbox One game discs, first, select a microfiber cloth.
- A little bit of rubbing alcohol can help remove any fingerprints or smudges that are on the surface of your Xbox One game disc.
- Be sure to let them dry completely before you play again. Otherwise, you will know the results are not good.
How to clean Xbox one fan without damage?
If you are wondering how to clean Xbox One fan, you can use a can of compressed air duster. It is not recommended to open the console because it could damage your Xbox one.
Also, make sure you do this before turning on your Xbox One or it might get damaged.
What can use to clean the fan?
- Canned air
- Compressed air
- Isopropyl alcohol
Clean Xbox One Kinect
You should not use any liquids or cleaning products on your Xbox One Kinect. Instead, take a microfiber cloth and wipe it off to get all the grime off of it. If you just remove the plastic camera cover, you will be able to see if there is anything stuck in the grates.
Clean your Xbox one HDMI cable
The best method for cleaning your Xbox One HDMI port is with a compressed air duster. Make sure you use something like this that will not damage any components and then spray it into the port until you see the grime coming out of it. Then just plug your HDMI cord back in and you are all set.
Clean the headset in Xbox one
If you do not want to put oil on your Xbox one headset then we suggest that you use another solution that will help disinfect and remove all the dirt. Cleaning with alcohol is also recommendable since it helps disinfect the headset and at the same time remove all the dirt that can accumulate.
Clean Kinect lens in Xbox one without any damage
Make sure don’t use any liquids or cleaning products on your Xbox one Kinect lens, instead, take a microfiber cloth and wipe it off to get all the grime off of it.
Xbox one left and right controller stick cleaning
The best way How to clean Xbox one left and right controller stick without any damage (shapeshifting) is by using a compressed air duster. You can get a can of compressed air dusters cheaply on Amazon. Just take the stick off and spray into the gap until you see grime coming out.
Clean your Xbox one power supply
You should avoid using liquids on your Xbox one power supply because it could end up shorting it out. Instead, you will need to use a compressed air duster in order to get it clean. Follow the same procedure you would for your Xbox one fan – just make sure to hold onto the cord while you are cleaning so that if anything falls out, it does not damage any hardware.
Clean Xbox one right analog stick
You can easily remove the rubber cover on the Xbox One joystick using a small screwdriver to take it off. Then, you can be able to use a compressed air duster or other cleaning solution without damaging your controller.
Read about how to fix Xbox One Won’t Turn On problem?
Hope this article has helped you learn how to clean Xbox One. If so, please let us know in the comments below and share it with a friend who might need help cleaning their console too. Thank you, Good day!