Many people have reported that their Xbox one won’t turn on. The problem is so common, there are many YouTube videos, forum posts, and articles discussing the issue. This article will help you diagnose what could be wrong with your console and give you some solutions for why is my Xbox one doesn’t turn on and fix it!
First, determine if your console is in Instant-On Mode or Energy Saving mode.
The Xbox One has two different modes: Instant On and Energy-saving modes. If you have set up the Kinect to turn on when it detects a command (“Xbox on”), then the system will be turned “on” even though there’s no one home. you’re in this mode, then your Xbox One will stay on until the Kinect detects that it’s no longer there (or when an hour or so goes by), even if nothing is actually happening.
If you have not set up automatic turn-on with the Kinect, then your console should be in Energy Saving Mode which turns off your Xbox One when it’s not being used. This mode is more energy-efficient, but if you have a Kinect hooked up to the console or are using voice commands with Cortana, then this mode will turn itself back on after a while.
Read this article to know why does my Xbox one turn on by Itself? and how to easily fix it
Why is my Xbox One not turning on? Reasons & Solutions
There are a few reasons that your Xbox one won’t turn on.
1. The first reason is the power supply itself. The power brick for an Xbox one can fail just like any other electronic device, and sometimes it’s easy to fix or replace yourself! You may need to unscrew a couple of screws from the back of your console and then remove the power brick from your console. There is a small chance that you’ll need to call an Xbox service representative, but most of the time it’s easy to fix this problem yourself!
2. The second reason why your Xbox One may not be turning on could be because there isn’t enough power getting into your system. If you’ve made sure that the power supply is working properly, then try plugging your Xbox One directly into a wall outlet instead of using a surge protector. Surge protectors are great for when you have multiple electronics plugged in at once, but sometimes they can get overloaded and cause problems with powering your Xbox!
3. The third reason why your system isn’t turning on could be because of overheating issues. If you’re using your system in an area that’s either extremely hot or very cold, then this could be affecting the way it functions. To fix this problem, try moving your Xbox One to a cooler place and unplugging all of the cords for about 30 minutes before trying again!
4. The fourth reason is not plugged one of the most common problems with an Xbox One is that it doesn’t turn on because you forgot to plug in the power cord. This seems like a no-brainer, but it’s actually one of the reasons why people have their consoles not turning on! Make sure you’ve plugged your system into both your wall outlet and TV before trying to power it on.
5. The fifth reason is no display detects your console may not be turning on because your TV isn’t detecting the Xbox. If this is a problem, then try going into your System settings and changing the display output from “TV” to “PC”. Make sure that you have selected the right monitor or screen before trying to turn it back on!
6. The sixth reason is bad power outlet has nothing to do with the console itself, but rather your power outlet. Check and see if there is any other device plugged into that same wall outlet! If you’re using a surge protector or something else which could cause the Xbox not to turn on then try unplugging it from that specific plug and just leaving it plugged indirectly at first.
7. The seventh reason is internal power supply breaker tripped could be that your internal power supply has tripped. This is a great thing to know if you’re looking for an even deeper understanding of how the Xbox One functions, but it can also mean that something inside your console isn’t working right and needs to get fixed!
8. The eighth reason is the bad power supply could also mean that the power supply itself is bad and needs to be replaced. If you’ve already tried a few different outlets then it might be time to call an Xbox service representative!
9. The ninth reason could be hardware failure your console may not turn on because there actually is something wrong with its internal parts. This can come in many forms, but it usually means that it’s time to call an Xbox service representative.
Also, do you like to know what is the best Xbox game
How to reset the internal power supply
- Unplug the power cord from the console.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button on the front of the console.
If none of these three reasons work, then it’s time to call Xbox support. They will be able to help you diagnose any other problems with your console and give you a solution specific to your particular issue!
Conclusion: Why is my Xbox One not turning on
I hope you got some valuable information about why the Xbox One won’t turn on. If you have other questions about Xbox don’t hesitate to comment below. Thank you, Good day to you!