You might have a ps5 gaming console where you can play different types of games. The ps5 is the latest gaming console that Sony released in 2020. In this article, you will learn about how to reset ps5 controller. Although ps5 is an excellent device for playing games, you may encounter certain technical issues.
Technical issues are common in almost all the devices such as computers, mobile phones, gaming consoles, cameras, recorders etc. When you are playing on your ps5, you might have encountered many issues, and in this article, we will mainly focus on the problem related to the controller and how to reset ps5 controller. If the controller of your ps5 is not working, you still have the chance to fix the issue by resetting the controller.
Continue reading the article to learn how to reset ps5 controller…
When you witness the sudden malfunctioning of the controller, you will feel hard to play games, and if you are searching on how to solve this problem, then you are in the right place as this article will help you to reset the controller by yourself, which may solve the problem. Ps5 controller malfunctioning is one of the common problems.
So without worrying over it, try resetting the controller that will hopefully make your ps5 work without any issues. If you are wondering why the ps5 controller glitches, there are many reasons for it. Here you will understand the reason for the ps5 controller malfunctioning and how to reset ps5 controller.
Why You Need To Reset Ps5 Controller?
Suppose pairing the controller with any other device, like computers, will un-pair the controller from your ps5. Hence you may witness controller glitches.
When using the wireless controller to the ps5, you have to connect it via Bluetooth. If you have several devices, like phones, tablets, etc., at your place, this may interrupt the connection. So, you must make sure if there is any Bluetooth connection problem.
If you try to pair the controller with any other devices and feel it is hard, you will have to reset the device.
Resetting may solve the problem when you witness poor performance while playing on your ps5.
You might encounter various problems, and you might not have a good idea to figure out the causes, so you can try resetting the controller and check whether you still encounter the same problems. For many issues related to malfunctioning of ps5, people will often suggest resetting the controller as this is a common solution.
Some people may encounter blue light issues, which you can also solve by resetting the controller.
These are some of the common reasons why you might need to reset the ps5 controller.
Is Resetting Ps5 Controller the Only Option?
You might think whether resetting the controller is the only way to solve the problem that may cause your ps5 controller to malfunction. No, you must first try other methods to fix the problem. If you feel they are not helping to sort the problem, you can plan to reset the controller. So, what are the other ways in which you can fix this issue?
Pair the controller to the console and then un-pair. Repeating this might make your controller work as usual. You can also check whether you have missed any recent updates. If so, try updating the ps5. It can solve any issues. Sometimes improper cable connections will be a reason why the ps5 controller does not work properly.
Check whether you have connected all the cables correctly. You may turn on and off your gaming console as this may also help to solve the problem. If you’re still encountering the same problem, step into the resetting procedure.
Related Articles: How To Watch Discovery Plus On Ps5?
How to Reset Ps5 Controller?
By following the given steps, you can reset your ps5 controller.
- Initially, you must completely shut down the ps5 gaming console without putting it in the rest mode. Remove the ps5 controller if you have connected it to the socket.
- Resetting the controller is very simple. Turn your controller to the other side, and you will find a small hole at the backside. Take a safety pin, sim ejector or a paper clip that you can insert into the hole. Insert the pin and press it for about 4 to 5 seconds.
- Now you can connect the controller socket to the console socket.
- Lastly, you can plug in the controller and switch on the device by pressing ps5, this is how to reset ps5 controller.
video by VVaby youtube channel
How to Soft Reset Ps5 Controller?
Apart from the above method, you can also use the soft resetting method to reset your ps5 controller. If you are following this method, make sure you have another ps5 controller.
- Unplug the controller, which is malfunctioning from the console.
- Now use the other controller and press the PS button on it.
- You will see the home screen. By pressing the PS button again, you can locate the control center.
- After selecting the accessories menu on the controllers.
- Now you can select the controller that you need to reset.
- After selecting turn off, you may witness the controller turning off and also turning off the LED light.
- Now you can pair the controller to the console and check whether it is working. This is how you perform the soft resetting of ps5 controller.
Still, The Issue Is Not Sorted After Resetting Ps5 Controller?
Even after resetting the device, it may be due to various other reasons if you are still encountering the same problem. Check on them too. Check whether you use the correct USB-C cable to connect the controller to the console. If the cable is different, then your controller will not work.
Sometimes in the socket of your console or controller, they may be dirt collected, so you must slowly clean the sockets. When cleaning, makes sure the device is not connected to electricity. Removing the dirt may sometimes help the controller to work as usual.
If you feel hard, you may get the help of a professional to solve the issue for you. After trying the solutions for most of the causes, if you still experience the same problem, you may have to diagnose and repair the controller by giving it to the service center. Without proper experience and knowledge, do not try to diagnose the controller yourself, as it may make the process more complex.
We hope this article on how to reset ps5 controller helped you learn how to reset or fix the issues related to the ps5 controller.
More Related Articles:
- If your Ps5 is not turning on, this article is for you.
- How to install and watch Paramount Plus on Ps5? Read here.